Ir al contenido principal

Halloween
Today is a special date! Is Halloween! Time to use your better costume and scare the people.
Halloween is an annual celebration who actually consist principally in go out with a costume who scare and the kids ask for candies. But this date has a story, a beginning and are many options coming from different places in the world.  Today I will talk about the ''witch hunting''.  This phenomenon was characteristic of Europe and consisted of the massive chase of women accused of witches for the church and the ''civil justice''.
The witches were women who have control of natality, her sexuality, and knowledge about abortive methods and principally owner of her bodies.
In that epoch, the country has in a period of transition to capitalism, and for that, the industry needs a workforce and Europe passed for a diminution of the population because of the black plague. For that reason the witch hunting it was an excuse to suppress the women to the reproductive functions. And the women who were killed aren't witches, they were killed only for the reason of being women with the capacity of being actors of the civil society and considering the secondary and weak sex. The witch hunting was the reflection of the fear about the woman power.
Today we are not hunting (literally) like in that period of time and for that reason, we have to still fight for our rights and do honor to these women. -''Somos las nietas de las brujas que no pudiste quemar''- .







Resultado de imagen para halloween tumblr gif






Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

Paint with Polystyrene

Some time ago I read an article about an invention for two women, Cristina Acuña and Constanza Cifuentes, students of chemistry and pharmacy,  that consists of paint made with polystyrene. Polystyrene is common in the industry, in the streets, even though in our daily life, it uses a lot in my career too. The problem with this product is that is not recyclable and affects the planet of an enormous form. Because of that and because we are responsible for the care of our planet, Cristina and Constanza want to do something with that.  They found a form to transform polystyrene material into the paint to paint the streets and facade of buildings. Idea-Tec the company founded by them now works with a lot of industries to help with the carbon footprint and with the politics of sustainability. I think their idea was fantastic because we use a lot the material and they are not biodegradable so the people throw to the litter and the impact on the planet is huge. But for the moment the compan

A subject I enjoyed in school

When I was in school I enjoyed the art class. I wait all weekend to have this class.  My teacher was really funny and an eccentric person, he called Felipe Salas and I remember him with so much care. He was unique because he always was doing things to entertain us and for that the class never being boring. He learned us to work with different materials but he never being restrictive with us and with the things we made, quite the opposite, he wanted to his classmates growing his talents and his creativity. He was a different way to teach, his teaching is not very usual but in a good way.  I learned to work with wood, paint, pencils, types of techniques for drawing, photography, one time we learned to do woodcut and it was very interesting. He also teaches us about history and periods of art, I would have liked it would be more but for the time of the class, it wasn't possible. Sometimes I help the teacher with other crafts, the last time in the school I help him with a  proje

Being Green

I think we are responsible for the planet and his care. In our country recycling is not very promoted and the people who do that is too little. By my experience, I care about the planet and the environment, this year I am more conscious of that but I want to do more. In my home, we use to recycle most of our trash, one time a week we go to plant recycling and we leave our recycle articles. Another thing I do is don't be part of fast fashion and the stock industry because they are the most contaminated, I use to go to places with thrift clothes and I don't consume meat and almost animal products. I want to learn about organic recycling, how to recycle organic waste or do my own products for consuming and maybe in the future be zero waste. But I think I can do more for the environment, like in a big form, may be related to my studies and the architecture, I read about green architecture and I am interested in that. The people are not very aware of nature, at least here in our